March 20, 2015
It's quite tricky to eat healthily when travelling. Airports, planes, and train stations are certainly not known for their wide selection of nutritious meals and healthy snacks. The only way around this one is to rock up super prepared, making sure that you have a substantial meal and snacks to hand to fuel your travels! We've put together a simple salad recipe for you guys that can easily be transported in a Kilner Jar or Tupperware.
For the Salad...
For the Dressing...
1. Boil your quinoa for about 10-15 minutes until tender and set aside to cool.
2. Peel and cube your sweet potato and place it on a baking tray drizzled with coconut oil and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Oven roast your cubes for about 20 minutes at 180°C, giving them a good shake around every now and again. When they are cooked and slightly crispy, remove from oven and leave to cool.
3. Prepare your dressing by mixing the pesto, tahini, and lemon juice together.
4. Layer up your salad, starting with the dressing, and working your way up.
5. You can then refrigerate your salad so that it's ready to grab before you set off on your travels. When you're ready to eat, simply give everything a good old shake!
6. Enjoy! :)
This formula is super flexible, so feel free to just use whatever you have lying around. For example, quinoa can be substituted for any grain of your choice, and you can roast whichever veggies you have in the fridge!
Happy & healthy travels!
Lots of love,
Forget meat free Monday, it's meat free week - National Vegetarian Week! To celebrate all things veggie, we are shari...
It's common knowledge that you are most likely to catch a nasty bug in the colder months, however there are many reas...
Norwegen health coach, Anne-Line talks to us about how a positive mind can benefit your whole day... Why...
Comments will be approved before showing up.