March 20, 2015
It's quite tricky to eat healthily when travelling. Airports, planes, and train stations are certainly not known for their wide selection of nutritious meals and healthy snacks. The only way around this one is to rock up super prepared, making sure that you have a substantial meal and snacks to hand to fuel your travels! We've put together a simple salad recipe for you guys that can easily be transported in a Kilner Jar or Tupperware.
For the Salad...
For the Dressing...
1. Boil your quinoa for about 10-15 minutes until tender and set aside to cool.
2. Peel and cube your sweet potato and place it on a baking tray drizzled with coconut oil and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Oven roast your cubes for about 20 minutes at 180°C, giving them a good shake around every now and again. When they are cooked and slightly crispy, remove from oven and leave to cool.
3. Prepare your dressing by mixing the pesto, tahini, and lemon juice together.
4. Layer up your salad, starting with the dressing, and working your way up.
5. You can then refrigerate your salad so that it's ready to grab before you set off on your travels. When you're ready to eat, simply give everything a good old shake!
6. Enjoy! :)
This formula is super flexible, so feel free to just use whatever you have lying around. For example, quinoa can be substituted for any grain of your choice, and you can roast whichever veggies you have in the fridge!
Happy & healthy travels!
Lots of love,
From healthy sweet treats to mulled-wine alternatives… they’ve done it all 1- Festive Energy Balls by @a.balanced.lif...
We get it. You work hard. As much as you want to, your hectic work life means that eating healthily when you need a q...
Caught the Organic September bug but restricted by budget and accessibility? Don't beat yourself up! We appreciate th...
Comments will be approved before showing up.