Welcome to our LoveRaw Recipe collection! Here you’ll find lots of mouth-watering, mind-blowing, health-boosting recipes which involve our Food Booster Blends! Just another way for us to help you eat like you give a f**k. For more information on the contents of each delicious blend, visit our shop. Don’t forget to tag us in your food creations @loveraw - happy cooking!
This cake is a real comfort food, and yet it’s totally healthy! Our Energise Blend adds another level of chocolatey, fruity goodness to a cake that’s already full of it… what more could you want?! It also packs the mixture with health benefits including fighting off fatigue, to help you avoid the post-food coma that a cake this good might usually leave you in!
- 180g self raising flour (gluten free)
- 2 overripe bananas
- 3 tbsp LoveRaw’s ‘Energise Food Booster’ powder
- 50g vegan chocolate (70% solid)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 130ml water
Pinch of salt
For the icing (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup raw cacao
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 160˚
- Melt the coconut oil on the hob (preferably over a pan of simmering water to avoid burning)
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix together
- In a smaller bowl, mash the bananas and mix together the wet ingredients (including your melted coconut oil)
- Combine both mixtures and place in a greased baking tin (around 7”) and bake in the preheated oven for around 30-35 minutes. You should be able to stick a knife in the centre of the cake and pull it out dry.
- Once baked place the cake onto a baking tray and allow to cool.
If you’re too impatient to wait (because it will smell so good!) dollop a large scoop of nice-cream on top and dig in!
- If you want to make the cake look as good as it tastes, mix together your icing, pour it aaaaall over the cake, and garnish with pomegranate seeds.