There’s always so much going on at Christmas, sometimes you just need a quick and easy recipe to whip out…enter our Lazy Vegan Chocolate Mince Pies. Made with a few jazzed up ready bought ingredients, and combining one of this season’s most loved flavour combos…chocolate and orange, these pies are an absolute seasonal winner!
- 1 x roll vegan short crust pastry
- 1/2 cup mincemeat
- Zest of an orange
- 1 x M:lk Choc Bar
- Mix the zest of half an orange into the mincemeat.
- Roll out pastry and using a round cutter, cut out the base of your mince pies.
- Grease a muffin dish with vegan butter and line 6 x muffin sections with the pastry base.
- Fill each section with two small teaspoons of mincemeat.
- Cut out your pie lids using a festive cutter and pop them on top of the mincemeat.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C (fan assisted) until golden. Allow to fully cool before drizzling each mince pie with melted M:lk Choc and grated orange zest.
Makes 6 chocolate orange mince pies.