We're back in the kitchen, and this week we are bringing you Thicc White Wafer Cookies, made using our White Choc Cre&m Wafer Bars. That was quite a mouthful to say, and make no mistake, you'll definitely want a mouthful of these vegan white chocolate cookies after reading this recipe. It’s definitely one for the books - Great British Bake Off, eat your heart out.
Vegan White Chocolate Cookies: The Inspiration
There is nothing better than a homemade cookie. They’re fun to make, either alone or with friends and family, and they smell fantastic - estate agents all over the world were on to something when they started using this scent to help sell houses. Even more importantly, they taste great - we’ve never seen somebody have just one cookie, because they’re so addictive.
With all of this at play, we started thinking about how we could make the best vegan white chocolate cookie that the world has ever seen: and so the Thicc White Wafer Cookie was born.
Vegan White Chocolate Cookies: The Story
Every great recipe comes with a great story: the Tart Tatin was invented when a French cook burnt her apple pie and attempted to save it by adding caramel, Granny Smith apples were created when someone mistakenly mixed different apple seedlings together, and granola was created during the American Civil War so that soldiers could access nutritious food on-the-go. At LoveRaw, the creation of our vegan white chocolate cookies, the Thicc White Wafer Cookie, is a little different.
Our cookies are no happy accident. Instead we took a moment in the kitchen to think about how we could make something that was already so great, even better. By itself, the White Choc Cre&m Wafer Bar is sensational: vegan white chocolate, delicate and crisp wafer, rich and sumptuous nutty cream. But in a cookie? It changes the baking game. It is melt in your mouth, finger licking, lip smacking, helping yourself to seconds and thirds, good. Which is why we couldn’t wait to whip up our own batch, taste a cookie (or two, or three) and then share the recipe with you.
So here it is: the Thicc White Wafer Cookie recipe that will ruin all other biscuits for you.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 x tbsp cornstarch
- ½ x tsp baking powder
- 4 x tbsp vegan butter (room temp)
- 2 x tbsp white sugar
- 2 x tbsp light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1-2 x tbsp oat milk
- 1/3 x cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 x cubes LoveRaw White Choc Cre&m Wafer
Don’t like white chocolate? The White Choc Cre&m Wafer can easily be substituted for the M:lk Choc Cre&m Wafer, or even the Just Choc M:lk Choc Bar if wafer isn’t your style. The beauty of this vegan white chocolate cookie recipe is that it is so versatile: it doesn’t have to contain white chocolate, you can use any LoveRaw product that floats your boat, which means that the possibilities are endless!
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy (1-2 minutes).
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients. It will be quite crumbly at first, so feel free to use your hands!
- If your dough doesn't come together, add an optional tbsp or three of oat milk
- Add in the chocolate chips!
- Form a ball and refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours overnight. This step is very important if you want that thicc cookie ;)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and split your dough into two. Instead of forming the cookies into balls, shape them quite high, into a cone-like shape (again, to help achieve that height).
- Gently break off the top of each cookie and pop a piece of white choc wafer into the centre, covering it evenly with the other half of the dough to seal
- Bake for 12-16 minutes until golden, at 180°C
- Allow to cool before digging in!
Vegan White Chocolate Cookies: The Taste Test
We recommend serving Thicc White Wafer Cookies with a tall glass of milk (oat, soy, coconut or regular semi-skimmed - we don’t judge) or a cuppa, although the truth is, these vegan white chocolate cookies taste great with absolutely everything.
As with most things, the proof is in the pudding. The taste and texture of this batch of biscuits is sublime: they break open easily, and are a vision of rich, soft cookie and smooth gooey chocolate. If we carry on talking dirty like this we’re going to end up back in the kitchen to whip up another batch!
These cookies have been a hit with everyone that has tried them, and we promise we’re not biased. Just take a look at our Instagram feed - when we’re not posting our own creations, we’re sharing the masterpieces of satisfied LoveRaw customers across the globe that have whipped up a batch of cookies, brownies or something else entirely, and certainly not been disappointed.
Top tip: if you want us to see or share anything that you make, especially if you recreate this Thicc White Wafer Cookie recipe, then give us a tag!
Baking With LoveRaw
The only thing we love more than creating delicious chocolate bars and sweet treats, is using them in mouth-watering recipes that are guaranteed to curb your cravings. Thicc White Wafer Cookies are only the beginning - there’s so much more to come!
To make this recipe, check out our White Choc Cre&m Wafer Bars. If you have any questions about this recipe, or our products in general, drop us a message! Fill in our online form today and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. And in the meantime, take a look at our other blog posts - there’s guaranteed to be a tasty treat or two that you can’t wait to bake.