For National Chocolate Week 2022, we've teamed up with the amazing vegan cafe Vutie Beets, who have created these epic M:lk® Choc Orange Buns for the festive season using our zesty bars.
If you’re a lover of cinnamon buns and T***y’s Choc Orange, then you will LOVE these. The M:lk® Choc Orange Buns are so soft and chewy on the inside…You wouldn’t even know they are plant-based!
- 375ml warm oat milk
- 4 tsp yeast
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax in 6 tbsp water
- 120g melted vegan butter
- 1050g strong white bread flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 150g LoveRaw M:lk Choc Orange Bar
- 50g vegan butter
- 75ml oat milk
- Zest of half an orange
- 350g icing sugar
- 70ml boiling water
- Rub a 12” x 16” roasting tray with vegan butter and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the warm oat milk, melted butter and sugar. The mixture should be just warm. Make sure it’s not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour and yeast and pour over the warm milk mixture. Combine well, cover with a tea towel and set aside for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 170C. After an hour your dough should have at least doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface and roll into a large rectangle. The dough should be just over 1cm thick.
- Spread your cooled melted orange chocolate mixture over the dough until it's completely covered.
- Roll the dough forming a log and cut into 12 evenly sized pieces. Place the rolls into your roasting tray, cover and leave in a warm room to rise for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the glaze, whisk together the icing sugar, orange zest and boiling water to a paste.
- Place the buns in the oven for 16 minutes or until golden brown all over, light and springy to touch.
- Whilst they are still warm brush over the glaze mixture covering as much of the tops and sides of the buns as possible.
- For an extra touch, you can drizzle with melted LoveRaw M:lk Choc Orange and top each bun with a square.