This Veganuary, we've teamed up with plant-based recipe creator Gina Burgess (@georginaburgess_) to bring you a delicious Vegan Peanut Buttercup Banana Bread. You're welcome...
* 3 very ripe bananas (preferably overripe)
* 1/4 cup olive oil / any neutral oil / melted vegan butter
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water and left for 10 mins to set)
* 1/3 cup milk of choice
* 2 cups plain flour
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar or caster sugar
* pinch salt
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* 1.5 tsp cinnamon
*5 x LoveRaw M:lk Choc Peanut Butter Cups, chopped up into bite sized pieces
*3 x LoveRaw Smooth M:lk Choc Bars, chopped up into chunks
- Preheat oven to 185C and grease/line a 9×5″ loaf tin
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, then stir in the olive oil, milk, flax egg and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and sea salt, then pour in the wet mix and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Pour the batter into your loaf tin and spread out. Add some extra chocolate on top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 50-55 minutes, or until it’s golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. Leave in the tin to cool for 5 mins and then carefully remove.