Indulge this Halloween with these delicious plant-based Caramelised Pumpkin Cookies using LoveRaw’s Caramelised Biscuit Cre&m® Wafers!
Makes 6 Caramelised Pumpkin Cookies
For Spiced Sugar:
- 50g granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For Pumpkin Cookies:
- 4 LoveRaw Caramelised Biscuit Cre&m® Wafers
- 170g vegan butter
- 220g light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 120g canned pumpkin puree
- 220g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl mix the granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice together. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the softened butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer on high speed for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in the almond milk and vanilla and mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the pumpkin and mix on medium-low speed to combine. Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Roughly chop 5 of the LoveRaw Caramelised Biscuit Cre&m® Wafers and add them to your cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough with a 1 tbsp spoon, make a little well in the middle of the dough and fill it with your caramel sauce. Place another 1 tbsp of cookie dough on top and roll it into a ball. Then roll the dough balls in the spiced sugar.
- Place the 6 cookie dough balls on a lined baking tray and bake for 12 minutes for a very gooey cookie.
- Once cooked, spoon a little caramel on top and place half a LoveRaw Caramelised Biscuit Cre&m® Wafer on top of each cookie.
Recipe by Jess Murray