375ml warm oat milk
4 tsp yeast
100g caster sugar
2 tbsp ground flax in 6 tbsp water
120g melted vegan butter
1050g strong white bread flour
170g chocolate chips
¾ tsp salt
100g light brown sugar
110g vegan butter
100g roasted crushed hazelnuts
40g cocoa powder
350g icing sugar
50g cocoa powder
70ml boiling water
2 tsp hazelnut syrup
170g chocolate chips
90g shredded wheat
12 Nutty Choc Balls
1. Rub a 12” x 16” roasting tray with vegan butter and line with baking paper
2. In a large bowl combine the warm oat milk, melted butter and sugar. The mixture should be just warm. Make sure it’s not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, chocolate chips and yeast and pour over the warm milk mixture. Combine well and then cover with a tea towel and set aside for at least an hour.
4. Preheat your oven to 170 Degrees Celsius
5. To make your filling combine your butter, cocoa powder, sugar and hazelnuts in a mixing bowl and ensure thoroughly mixed.
6. To make the nests melt your chocolate and add your crushed shredded wheat, mixing well to ensure completely covered in the chocolate. Divide the mixture into 12 cupcake moulds and press the middle to ensure your Nutty Choc Ball will sit nicely in them. Place in the fridge to solidify.
7. After an hour your dough should have at least doubled in size.
8. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface and roll into a large rectangle.The dough should be just over 1cm thick.
9. Spread your filling mixture over the dough until its completely covered.
10. Roll the dough forming a log and cut into 12 evenly sized pieces.
11. Place the rolls into your roasting tray, cover and leave in a warm room to rise for 30 minutes
12. To prepare the glaze whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut syrup, salt, and water to a paste.
13. Place the buns in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown all over and light and springy to the touch.
14. Whilst they are still warm brush over the glaze mixture covering as much of the tops and sides of the buns as possible.
15. Top the buns with your chilled nests and add your Nutty Choc Ball for the finishing touch!