Salted Caramel Cookie
For the cookie
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 x tbsp vegan butter (room temp)
2 x tbsp white sugar
2 x tbsp light brown sugar
1 x tbsp peanut butter
For the Caramel Centre
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup coconut sugar
Generous pinch salt
1 x tsp arrowroot powder
1. Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and creamy (1-2 minutes).
3. Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours or overnight.
5. Prepare the salted caramel by simmering the coconut cream, sugar, salt and arrowroot powder. Simmer on a medium to high heat for about 8-10 minutes until slightly thickened.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and split your dough into two. Flatten the piece into a reasonably large thick cookie, pressing down the centre to create a well into which you can add two heaped scoops of the cooled caramel sauce, before covering it with the rest of the cookie dough. You should have a large and tall cookie dough cone shape.
7. Bake for 18 minutes until golden at 180˚C.
8. Allow to cool but feel free to enjoy it warm and gooey once it's firmed up from out of the oven.